Do you have a MOOC companion?

Do you have a MOOC companion, someone who works alongside you and ensures you stop for a break, you drink enough water, and all that other boring stuff that’s so important? I do. If you have one too, I’d love to hear about them.

BTW – my companion’s name is Faith and she’s a Papillon / Brussels Griffon cross.

faith in sun on chair

28 thoughts on “Do you have a MOOC companion?

1. Avatar of Alysha EsdaileAlysha Esdaile

Aw, Faith is a real cutie!

My companion is Pippin, and sometimes his brother Merry. They are our furkids; two Maine Coon kitties who rule the house.

1. Avatar of Cath SheardCath Sheard Post author

Maine Coon; they’re quite big cats, right? Great names, by the way. And yeah, at the risk of being a biased owner, Faith is cute ;-)

1. Avatar of Cath SheardCath Sheard Post author

Thanks – nothing like a bundle of scruffy fur at your side to stop you getting too stressed about anything!

2. Avatar of Jonine BergenJonine Bergen

I have a white fluffy cat that takes offense when I spend too much time on the computer. I also have a sheltie who just flops on the ground besides me.
    I don’t have pictures on my computer – yikes! I’ll have to get some.

3. Avatar of Andrea MullarkeyAndrea Mullarkey

We have two dogs, but only one of them is diligent about making sure I’m not spending too much time away from her. Her special talent is ensuring I get outside and moving around. Meet Rhonda Jones:

Her sister is pretty happy to have couch time while I study. She’s called Pumpernickel:

1. Avatar of Cath SheardCath Sheard Post author

Andrea they’re both so cute! Pumpernickel looks like she is not *that* much bigger than Faith (she’s about 8lb). And I love their names :-)

4. Pingback: Module 1 Wrap-Up | The Hyperlinked Library

5. Avatar of Anna PibulsilpAnna Pibulsilp

What a lively post you have here Cath. My in-law has a Brussel Griffon the same colour as Faith but not as sweet as her; he’s very naughty. My own MOOC companion is Fritz, a standard Schnauzer. He’s my furbaby and the boss of the house. He’s used to be an escape artist and did just that in the February earthquake. Here’s his photo from the Quake Dogs book https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151856891030050&set=a.10151856890590050.1073741830.364294155049&type=1

1. Avatar of Cath SheardCath Sheard Post author

Anna I can honestly say Faith is the best behaved dog I have ever owned. She sometimes descends into excited small dog yapping, but not often – other than that she really is awesome. We lived with my Mum for 14 years as her caregivers so from puppyhood Faith had to ‘be careful’ and ‘watch for Grandma’ and so on. She was Mum’s constant companion, and eyes and ears.
      My best friend has a Mini Schnauzer, Zak – they’re such intelligent and personable dogs.
      And as for a lively thread – none of us can help but talk about our pets!

6. Avatar of juliebjulieb

I have a very lovable golden retriever. Her name is Ricca and I am sure she thinks she is a person not a dog. Definitley too big to sit on my lap!

7. summer programs for boys boca raton

If your child already has a favorite sport, it is easy to find a sports camp that offers instruction or an opportunity
    to play that sport, and if your child likes many sports or doesn. Older children ages 7 to 12 at this summer camp will work with a vocal coach, choreographer and director to improve their singing, dancing and acting
    skills. You can try a Tanzania Safari that has the Ngorongoro Crater, Kilimanjaro and
    the Serengeti. Campers will learn and experience
    a variety of circus activities which they will show off in their Friday Showcase performance at the conclusion of camp.
    Summer can be focused on sports, music, games, horseback riding, archery, golf,
    swimming, boating, nature life, crafts, dance, or any variety of activities.
    And these are very good reasons why you have to get camp
    management software. Parents can choose pick-up from one to five
    days a week for children who live in Enfield and
    Somers (grades 1-6). You may reprint this article if you include this
    resource box. Also, set white balance according to available light
    and make sure ISO is set to the lowest available. Some kids just like
    being at home doing their thing.

my page – summer programs for boys boca raton